Cases reviewed here are primarily with young children or special need students in mind. Or, for people like my husband, who are prone to dropping portable devices. :-)
Heavy Duty Cases
- Otterbox three layer, scratch resistant, water resistant and drop resistant (MANY people swear by Otterbox cases), $80.00
- Gumdrop does a good Otterbox impression with its $59.99 Drop Series. It’s available in multiple colors.
- For carrying in between uses, G-Form makes both iPad and laptop cases and made a name for itself by dropping an iPad 2 out of a plane (in its case, of course). The iPad survived. The G-Form Extreme Sleeve is actually soft and flexible. The case is big enough to accommodate an iPad 2 with an Apple smart cover. It comes in black and bright yellow, $59.95.
Water Resistant/Water Proof Cases:
- Leisure Jacket for iPad is a water resistant, dust proof case in many colors, on close-out now for $20. Great for in the kitchen!
- The Aquapac is a water proof, submersible case with a shoulder strap, $45.00
- (see Otterbox above)
Sleek Cases that Cover the Corners:
- The Orikata is a faux leather case with folding elements that resemble origami and allow the case to be used in many orientations, $50
- Belkin has four new iPad 2 cases –the Slim, Access, Flip, and Verve. The Verve costs $49.99, whereas the other three are $39.99.
Easy to Carry cases:
- The Simplism Leather Shoulder Case is a leather case with invisible shock absorption plates. It has a removable shoulder strap (like a purse) and is available on Amazon for as low as $12.00.
- The $49.95 Handstand 2 allows you to strap your iPad 2 to your hand. It swivels 360 degrees so you can easily switch from landscape to portrait viewing.